The Women's class is an opportunity for women to feel comfortable learning with other women. This course is an abbreviated basic pistol course that will let ladies have an opportunity to get comfortable with their own handguns and try out a variety of other handguns in different calibers. The course includes approximately 3 hours of classroom time and 3 hours of range time. No prior handgun knowledge or experience is needed and there are no prerequisites. The class will focus on learning proper technique and fundamentals as well as gaining the needed level of comfort in carrying and firing a handgun. The topics to be covered are as follows:
- Firearm Safety
- Fundamentals of handgun shooting
- Methods and positions for firing a handgun
- Loading and unloading techniques
- Procedures for clearing malfunctions
- Dynamics of ammunition and firing a handgun
- Plenty of range time to try different handguns
- Please arrive by 8:45 AM. All classes will be held at the U.S. Shooting Academy (see About Us tab for directions). Class will last until approximately 3 PM. Tardiness can result canceling your class time and forfeiture of fees as does a no show.
- The range is located outside and is lightly covered, however you will be exposed. Please be aware of weather conditions for the day and dress appropriately. The range and class will operate rain, snow or shine.
- Firearms will be inspected by the instructor and must be in good working condition. Caliber may be .22 to .45 and ammunition must match the the firearm.
- You must use factory loaded ammunition, absolutely no reloads! Also no +P or +P+ ammunition will be allowed.
- Do not bring any loaded firearms or ammunition of any type into the classroom.
- The instructor may remove anyone at anytime from the class for improper attitude or unsafely handling a firearm.
- Anyone pointing a firearm at anyone at anytime during training will result in immediate dismissal!
- Bring your own pistol. Caliber may be .22 to .45 and ammunition must match the the firearm. If you don't own a handgun you can rent one see below. I will also have a variety of different calibers for you to try as well.
- 50 rounds of factory loaded ammunition. No reloads, +P or +P+ ammunition. Do not bring your ammunition or a loaded firearm into the classroom at any time.
- Hearing and eye protection. Sunglasses and foam earplugs will work.
- Brimmed ball cap.
- Valid Oklahoma identification card or driver license.
- Sack lunch - refrigerator is available.
- A soft drink may be purchased for $1 and is refillable all day.
- If you do not have your own handgun a variety of handguns are available for rent onsite for $15 each. Please see me before you rent anything and we may be able to pair you up for one rental fee between two people since we will be trying handguns. Rental guns require the purchase of ammunition onsite at regular market rates. A box of 50 target rounds generally range from $10-$20 depending upon caliber.
- A limited number of hearing protection is available for rent on a first come first serve basis, however both hearing protection and eye protection may be purchased onsite.